One Night Out - Sonia, Sam, Alice,
Implementation Date- Mid-Late June
Meeting: notice Ms. Rambaran or Ms. Tavares of meetings date
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We the "Be The Change" Student Committee of McMurrich believe in building a community of respect and empathy.As a leadership group we are determined to promote the 8 millennium developmental goals and empower our community to make a difference. Throughout this year,we will learn how to become globally aware on issues of child labour, gender inequalities and polluted water by implementing initiatives toward the Alternative Income Program, Adopt-A-Village campaign.We are children helping children.
About three million people in the U.S.A are
ReplyDeleteHomeless and 200,000 in Canada are homeless too. Millions struggle to pay rent or Mortgage.
One in every seven people had to live in a shelter as children. 788, 00 children in Canada live in poverty! There are countless hidden homeless, people who have jobs but they can’t afford a house or to rent only, and sometimes food.
Go on the Free The Children, and go to one of the downloaded things of the One Night Out. I got a lot of good info! I typed it all up!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Okay guys I researched one night out and I think that we could definetly modify it for us by camping out in the gym and we could always bring like a tiny bit of food, because even if we do bring abit of food,it is the idea that matters. The fact that we are even doing one night out! Alice :D
ReplyDeleteAm I still doing one night out?
ReplyDeleteZoe
Yes Zoe I think you are, we just forgot who was in. Please help us get info!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
I think they said at We Day that for the younger schools that there is food like a homeless shelter.
ReplyDeleteJulia
Yeah Julia I think I remember them saying that! So we could have snacks and I think that we could bring blankets to lie on. Would we bring only one outfit? Alice :D
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the info guys Sam and I found some really good info on Free the children if you just look around you can find some really important information!
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
We need to plan a day to meet with Ms. R!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Why don't we meet on Thursday at lunch? But we really have to come together and look over all of the information! alice :D
ReplyDeleteWhat is the first thought you have when you walk past a man sitting on the street, hand held up for change? How about the young woman on the steps of a community center waiting quietly for it to open?
ReplyDeleteOn February 25, take one night out to dispel the myths and raise awareness of the realities of homelessness in your community.
Across North America there are millions of people who are homeless at one point or another, with an estimated 3 million people in the United States on any given night and between 200,000 and 300,000 in Canada. As we speak, there are millions more struggling to pay rent or mortgage to stay in their homes.
It is estimated that one in every seven people living in shelters is a child and 788,000 children in Canada live in poverty. Many of these children’s parents are working—the hidden homeless who have jobs but can’t earn enough to afford housing.
i got this info. from free the children and i think it is really good.
zoe
Soo maybe on Wednesday some (hopefully all) of us will come together with our info and show Mrs. R on Thrusday or Friday? Does that sound good?
ReplyDelete^Samantha^
ReplyDeletewould we meet at lunch or after school and is it this week?
ReplyDeletezoe
Ok Guys great work I will get some info and put it on the blog and any one eles can comment!
ReplyDelete-SOnia;)
Zoe’s in our group right?
ReplyDeleteWhen are we going to have our event?
ReplyDeleteAre we still doing one night out?
ReplyDeleteSamantha
Yes I think so we have to present our ideas to Ms.R and Ms.T
ReplyDelete-Sonia:D
Are we doing one night out? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
ReplyDeleteSamantha