Barefoot- Sonia, Sam, Julia, Adeline, Zoe, Leo N
Implementation Date- Mid-Late May
Meeting: Monday 4- 5
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We the "Be The Change" Student Committee of McMurrich believe in building a community of respect and empathy.As a leadership group we are determined to promote the 8 millennium developmental goals and empower our community to make a difference. Throughout this year,we will learn how to become globally aware on issues of child labour, gender inequalities and polluted water by implementing initiatives toward the Alternative Income Program, Adopt-A-Village campaign.We are children helping children.
I think that the kids should bring their shoes so that when they go outside for recess they don't step on anything, but inside their shoes are off!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
That's a good idea Samantha because you never know what's outside that the kids might step on!
ReplyDeleteZoe
I like those ideas but isn't the point that they stay barefoot like the people who can't afford shoes? Also, remember at WE DAY when they said you could also wear cool socks, well I was thinking we could sell fair trade crazy socks.
ReplyDeleteJulia
That’s a great idea Julia! We that would be really cool, and Sam and Zoe those are great ideas to. We could maybe also make Posters to promote this FANTASTIC idea!!
ReplyDeleteHey that's a great idea julia but i think they should were socks outside NOT shoes it would ruin the point. Adeline
ReplyDeleteI think that we should explain we are doing this because some people don't have shoes. People need to know the reason ,not just do it for fun.
ReplyDeleteJulia
I think that like all the rest of the campaigns, we give the whole school a speech about all the details of this campaign. I also think the sock idea is really great and selling them will really be cool!
ReplyDeletezoe
Julia I think you have got the point. This matter is very important even though people do not know it. Adeline
ReplyDeleteI think we should say something like"Imagine living your whole life without shoes, having no protection from any diseases or infections."
ReplyDeleteJulia
Well Julia that's a good idea but, that might scare the kids by saying that they have no protection from diseases or infectioins and might not want to take their shoes off!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Samantha I think you are right but we could say something like "Kids in other countries do not have the chance to were shoes in time they get diseases or infections". It sounds a little less dangerous
ReplyDeleteYeah your right Sam, how about we say it in a nicer way so they don't get scared or worried, We could say don't step on anything like glass an gum.
ReplyDelete-Sonia :)
You guys are right.
ReplyDeleteJulia
I found a really good resource website called…http://www.rushprnews.com/2009/04/21/kid-goes-barefeet-during-national-volunteer-week-to-end-poverty/ It has lots of information that’s really useful I hope it helps!
ReplyDeleteOk guys we are meeting on Fridays now from 4:00 to 5:00.
ReplyDeleteright.
ReplyDeletezoe
Good does everyone know?
ReplyDeletegood job guys it sounds like you are doing a great job planning this events
ReplyDeleteKyra:)
Ms.R can you change the meeting date?
ReplyDeleteThanks Kyra you group is look great too!
ReplyDeleteFor the Bare foot campaign we have an idea… We will sell socks at an event and they will have the Be The Change logo on them or they say something meaningful.
ReplyDeletesounds good.
ReplyDeleteZoe
Stay after school this Friday everyone ok?
ReplyDeleteI can stay on Friday, can anybody else?
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
yeah what happened to staying after school on Friday?!!
ReplyDeletezoe
I like the idea of the logo or saying something on it like,"Children without shoes can touch your sole" or something shorter if that helps.
ReplyDeleteJulia
What happened to meeting on Friday?!!
ReplyDeleteZoe
Where do you think we should get the socks from?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.freethechildren.com/weschools/docs/2009%20we%20day%20program%20guide.pdf
ReplyDeletethis is a really great website Zoe found. to get to the barefoot page, you have to scroll down to page: 38. (which may take a while) (long while) Also, check out the quote.
Julia
“'In order to understand a person’s life, you have to walk a mile in their shoes.'But what if they don't have any?" I think we should say that in anouncments.
ReplyDeletewe could get the socks donated from somewhere?
ReplyDeleteZoe
Adeline, are you coming after school for a Friday at some point?
ReplyDeleteZoe
http://www.freethechildren.com/weschools/docs/2009%20We%20Day%20Program%20Guide.pdf is the actual website.
ReplyDeleteJulia
Yeah, sorry I have been really busy the last few weeks next week I can come but today I have babysitting.:( Sorry
ReplyDeleteAdeline
thats ok i was just wondering.
ReplyDeleteZoe
heers a link that explains why you should go barefoot,http://www.going-barefoot.info/
ReplyDeleteLeo N
Leo, you might have gotten mixed up because that website has nothing to do with going barefoot for charity. Keep up the reaserching!
ReplyDeleteAdeline