Lights off Campaign- Leaders for this initiative are Leo N, Izy, Sonia, Sam
Step 1- Research-connect to MDG
Step 2- Plan the initiative
Step 3- Inform the school/Implement
Step 4- Reflect
Afternoon meeting on Wednesday December 9 - 4-5 pm
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i think more people should use CFL light bulbs, because they are energy affishont and much brighter that normal light bulbs. The only thing there is to worry about it, is that there is murcury in side the bulg and it can be harmful if not disposed properly. also 9 normal light bulbs are 1 CFL light bulbs...WOW!.
ReplyDeleteIZY:-)
I think that people in our Mc Murrich community should switch their normal light bulbs to CFL ones because they save a lot more energy. They also save up to ten times more then other types of light bulbs. Furthermore they are Eco friendly. So start now! By informing the school using posters and announcements.
ReplyDelete-Sonia
Great job Izy! I started to high light the important parts of our speech/information sheet. If you want me to do something else to help write it on the blog thanks!
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
We should start making our posters and announcements at our next Me to We meeting or just think about it in you head of what you want it to look like and then post it on the blog.
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
How much energy do we use in a day?
ReplyDeleteThere is 100 watts in a light bulb.
So there is 1000 watts in a KiloWatt.
5-10 KiloWatts in developed countrys like Canada, and USA.
2.5 KiloWatts in China
0.5 in India
-Samantha
We think that we should saver energy and not waste it here on earth
ReplyDeleteHere are some home and school tips that you can use to save energy
1. Unplug your T.V when you are done watching it because there is still energy going though it.
2. Turn off you lights when leaving the room.
3. Unplug your toaster or charger of any kind when you are not using it.
4. You can also use CFL light bulbs because they save more energy.
5. When you brush your teeth turn off the tap when you are brushing them.
-Sonia and Izy
if you were nice you would turn off the lights
ReplyDelete-sonia
Great job Sam and Izy! were are not until january but it's good to get a head start on it.Today we are going to visualize it in our heads so when it's time we can just put it on paper.
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
sonia is right if you had a heart you would turn lights OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteizy
Guys don't forget to bring in LOTS of cans because there is ONLY ONE day left so bring in lots of cans
ReplyDeleteThank-you!:)
Sonia:)
Ok We only have Me to We this friday and next friday and i am not sure about the rest of the Month...
ReplyDeleteP.S Remember to comment!!
-Sonia:)
Sam and Izy: I think I will start doing the Servay three times every resess, I also changed the checkmarks now mean the lights are off and the X's mean the light's are on.
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
Jan/14th/2010
ReplyDeleteAt lunch I am going to make a draft about
Turning off teacher’s lights because some people don’t know that we are doing the survey, it is also good to raise awareness about turning off the light when they are not in the room. If anyone wants to help they can.
-Sonia :)
I think at the next assembly we should make a chart to show all the classes how much electricity they have been using!
ReplyDeleteizy ; )
love the idea sonia!
ReplyDeleteizy ; )
did you know parrots can turn one light switches!
ReplyDeletejust a electricity fact!
izy ; )
Hey guys, I think we should show people (at the student of the month) how many times there class left the lights on.
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
The lights out campaign is going to make a chart of who had there lights on the most and the least.
ReplyDelete-Sonia and Sam
How long do we have to go around the school and check people's lights?
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
This is what it should maybe look like you can add if you want.
ReplyDeleteSam: As the lights out Campaign it is out responsibility to promote the impotence of conserving energy.
Izy: We have been surveying classrooms to learn if they been turning of there lights.
Sonia: When they are currently not in their classrooms, so we hope that your lights are out when you are at this assembly.
-Sonia:)
Feel free to Comment or add to the speach!
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
Sonia great speach but i think we should say
ReplyDeleteIzy: We have been going around the classrooms to learn if they have been turning of there lights.
Other then that we should just make it a little longer
Samantha:)
Do we have blog accounts? Because Alexx and Julia wrote on the blog with them and it said Alexx said…?
ReplyDelete-Sonia
I know what to do now Alexx told me thanks anyway! :) ;)
ReplyDeleteOk Sam here i changed it Izy do you have a thing you whant to change?
ReplyDeleteSam: As the lights out Campaign it is out responsibility to promote the impotence of conserving energy.
Izy:We have been going around the classrooms to learn if they have been turning of there lights.
Sonia: When they are currently not in their classrooms, so we hope that your lights are out when you are at this assembly.
-Sonia& Sam:)
Hey guys, maybe we should make these tickets to put on classroom doors when they leave their lights on!!! Just an idea.
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Yeah Samantha that is a REALLY good idea lets stay after school maybe, today if you can (on Wednesday)
ReplyDeleteAnd we can make them and I can put it on my USB and colour print it at home so they can be a faded red just like a really ticket!
-Sonia
I am really proud of Sam and Sonia for taking the initiative and staying afterschool to work on their campaign. I think the idea of putting a reminder/notice is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms R. I do not mind staying after school! Samantha and Izy do you want to stay after school on Thursday February, 11th 2010 to work on the new Lights out campaign speech?
ReplyDelete:):)
Thanks Ms.R.!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah Sonia sure I would love to stay after school!
Samantha:)
We need to work on the speach it need to be longer.
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
I have no problem with you staying in... I am available until 4:20. See you then and great work!!
ReplyDeleteLights Out Speech
ReplyDeleteSam: As the lights out Campaign it is out responsibility to promote the impotence of conserving energy.
Izy: We have been checking the classrooms to learn if they have been turning of there lights.
Sonia and Sam: Our school has had their lights on for times out of recesses and that’s when people aren’t in the room!
Leo: That’s OK but we what to change it!
Sam, Sonia, Izy, and Leo: We have an idea!!!
Sonia: When your lights are on and you’re not in the room we will post a ticket on your classroom door.
Izy: You don’t have pay anything. It’s just a friendly reminder!
Sonia: So we hope that your lights are out when you are at this assembly!
Sam, Sonia: Thank you!
Smantha:)
Izy are you ok with this arrangement?
ReplyDelete-Sonia:)
Izy and Leo do you want to make any changes to the speech?
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Samantha do you want any changes?
ReplyDelete:)
I wrote it with you Sonia, of course I don't want to make any changes, it's perfect!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Ms.R when are we going to start putting the tickets up?
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
I think your group should discuss when you would like to put them up. Have a great weekend :o)
ReplyDeleteI think that we should start in April (maybe), because we didn't do our speech this Student of the Month. So maybe April we'll do our speech and start with the tickets!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Sonia and I will make a chart showing how many times Mcmurrich left their lights on!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
We are all most done the chart!! Sam and I will present it to Ms.T and you on Monday or the following week.
ReplyDelete-Sonia :)
I think we should post the chart some where, where the whole school can see it! like the idea?
ReplyDeleteizy :-)
I think we should present the chart this week.
ReplyDeleteizy :-)
can I make a few changes to the script???
ReplyDeleteizy :-)
Are we going to make a bigger version of the chart?
ReplyDeleteIzy :-)
sorry for not Commenting!
ReplyDeletei will start!
izy :-)
We are performing on Thursday so practice this speech.
ReplyDeleteSam: As the lights out Campaign it is out responsibility to promote the impotence of conserving energy.
Izy: We have been checking the classrooms to learn if they have been turning of there lights.
Sonia and Sam: Our school has had their lights on for times out of recesses and that’s when people aren’t in the room!
Leo: That’s OK but we what to change it!
Sam, Sonia, Izy, and Leo: We have an idea!!!
Sonia: When your lights are on and you’re not in the room we will post a ticket on your classroom door.
Izy: You don’t have pay anything. It’s just a friendly reminder!
Sonia: So we hope that your lights are out when you are at this assembly!
Sam: Here the first floor and how many times they left there lights on in 53 recesses.
You can see all the floors and classes out side of 209.
-Sonia,Sam and Izy
Ok we are preforming tomorrow is everyone ready?
ReplyDeleteYes Sonia I'm ready, little scared but I'm fine!
ReplyDeleteSamantha:)
Great job everyone who preformed at the student of the month assembly and good luck at Poetry Night!!
ReplyDeleteWe are doing a speech with the earth day group.
ReplyDelete-Sonia
At the next student of the month assembly we are going to present the progress that all the classes have done. I am working on a script.
ReplyDeletewhich month????
ReplyDeletebecause we have to start makeing the chart soon if it is may's!!!!!!
izy:-)