Friday, November 6, 2009

Millennium Developmental Goals

BTC Student Committee discuss the Millennium Developmental Goals.

17 comments:

  1. Millenium developmental goal #3 is one that I think is really important: Promote Gender Equality and empower women. I think this one is important because everyone should be treated equally in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sixth millennium goal means..... We should always think about the environment not leave it at the back of our minds. When starting something knew we should think does this effect the environment? Can we use something more eco friendly? Are we making the right choice? Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think being eco friendly should be a big part of this year.We should also put being eco friendly into our own lives.That is why it is an MDG. MDG 8 is important because you have to be co-operative to complete a lot of the goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the millenium devolpmental goals represents that we need to care more about the enviroment like Alexx said and make sure we are making the right choice. Also we need to be more eco friendly by not littering,not using plastic water bottles, turning off the lights when you are not in the room, and spreading this around!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Millenium developmentalgoal #3 is one that I think is really important: promote gender equality and empower wome. I think this one is important because EVERYONE should be treated with reapect and equally in this world. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that millennium developmental goal #3 is really important too. I love the way it makes light on woman and their abilities.Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Alexx and Jenny because not alot of people think about the enviorment and we should because that's our community and that's our sourounding. Also I believe that Gender equality and empowering women is important because not alot of people think about women.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand #7.
    HELP!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really agree with Jenny about gender equality because I think it isn't fair how women get treated horribly.I think this year we should also focus on child Labour. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we should keep in mind all the developmentel goals. They are all extremely important and we shouldnt forget about how luck we are and how we have our lifes so good.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. We agree completely with you Anna we should be amazingly grateful with what we have and we shouldn't be looking at what we don't have. Many people around the world don't have what we have.
    Christine & Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't beleive the U.S.A. isn't giving just 0.7%. What I want to know is, is Canada giving that much?
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia from what I read, #7 means they want to help the environment because they want to reduce biodiversity loss, reverse the loss of environment resources, to make the lives of atleast 100 million slum dwellers better and another one but I don't understand.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not sure where to put the Alternative income definition so i guess i will put it here. I think that alternative income is when FTC sends money to unfortunate families like in Pakistan and Haiti and others they send them, money, dry food and water to drink. FTC also helps children get an education. FTC helped over 23,500 women.
    They also help children form bad working conditions.

    Jan,15th 2010

    -Sonia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alternative income helps families where children have to work and live up to probably $1.00-$2.00 per day. Plus they don't even get a chance to go to school because they're working all day!

    Jan,15 2010

    -Alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like all of the Millennium developmental Goals but I chose one that stood out to me which is Poverty and Hunger. Poverty is happening all around the world and we need to help try to stop it. We can do as much as we can as a Community, So start helping today!

    -Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think all of the goals are important. One that I would like to fix is clean water. I believe as a community we can work together as a whole to raise money to go towards wells in devolping countries.

    Anna :D

    ReplyDelete