Friday, November 6, 2009

First Term Initiatives

Post your ideas about different initiatives you would like to implement for the school year.

17 comments:

  1. Well, i think one initiative we should implement is the food drive because people all over the world are striving for hunger and this could help them alot.
    Another initiative should be the Vow Of Silence which is coming up because many other people don't have a voice and on november 20th we will stand up for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the BTC commmitee should do something that implements the Christmas holidays. Like, donating some old toys or so to some charities, like the Salvation Army and such. Its kinda like the BTC food drive but with clothes, toys, and other stuff people don't want anymore. I hope u like this idea Ms. R!

    -GiGi :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to implement the Vow Of Silence because it's important for us to raise awareness about kids that don't have a voice about child labour or things that they go through, because there to afraid of getting themselves killed or beaten. I really think that it would be fun to do Caught In The Act, becauce it's a really good feeling knowing that you did something good and you're getting noticed. Also I agree with Jenny that we should do the 1 Night Out because it's important that we learn how lucky we are with everything we have, and shouldn't be asking for more and more because we have alot, also it's important that we leave the comfort of our home and see the perspective of homeless people.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new idea for the year is monthly goals. I think... My new idea for the year is monthly goals. I think once a month every student should make a goal that they are determined to follow through with. If the are able to follow through with their goal, they could be announced at the student of the month assembly.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would like to implement the food drive because many people are striving for hunger and this is a chance where we can all donate some food for them. I also suggest we should do the vow of silence because many people dont have a voice because they are afraid they would get hurt, and on the day, we would be reperesenting them. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year i think we should think about reaching out to the community. This year we could have students including us bake goods and deliver them to the homlessness in our city. Like someone said we could bring clothes, old toys for children who don't get as much as we do for christmas. We could also sing some carols to them to put a smile on their face. Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year I think we should think about reaching out to the community. This year we could have students including us bake goods and deliver them to the homelessness in our city. Like someone said we could bring clothes, old toys for children who don't get as much as we do for Christmas. We could also sing some carols to them to put a smile on their face. Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the same idea as Gigi. I think it is important to give to people who have less. Also I think we should add the food drive in with the toys. It's nice to get toys but it's better to have a decent meal on a holiday or any time.
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Jenny, I think we should implement the food drive and we should go for 2 weeks (so we can collet more food!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ideas being generated here are very inspiring, as many of them will be coming up in Committee discussions in the upcoming weeks. I am looking forward to hearing more ideas from other members of the group. You are welcome to build on existing suggestions and encouraged to add new initiatives for consideration. Ms. Tavares

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your ideas guys! About my other comment I forgot to mention to hold the BTC Food Drive and the Clothes and Toys Drive at the same time. So you guys won't have trouble setting up the times and wasting time of taking down the old stuff and putting up new ones. I will be looking forward to more of your comments!!!!I'm really sorry I couldn't help the team but I'm doing the best I can do to help from the blog!

    -GiGi :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with GiGi that we should do something to help the homeless/less fortunate because alot of people usually think outside of there community to help the world but you can help the world by just helping in your community.

    Christine ****

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think a new idea to help the enviroment is called "The Plant of a Lifetime". Each class will vote on a plant they want to well plant. Each class can bury seeds and water and take care of them.Hope you like my idea.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck to the people performing today in the student of the month assembly! You guys look great!:)
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that the Food drive would be really fun to do because many people are now using the food drive. But when would we start doing this and should we do this for about 2 weeks?
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. If we would like to do something about the less fortunate maybe we should get someone that knows something about less fortunate to help us, or maybe call the city of Toronto or something like that.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also one thing that I would like to talk about is that the blue bin outside of the primary yard is filled with ziplocks and I think that the kids are confused with what goes in and what dosn't
    Christine

    ReplyDelete