Thursday, November 5, 2009

Me to We In-Service

Congratulations to those students who represented the BTC Student Committee at the OISE In-Service.

11 comments:

  1. Today we were fortunate enough to get choosen to go to the Me To We In-Service.

    We learned:
    *About 3,000 kids that went to We Day were from TDSB
    *Students came from most palces of Canada to come to We Day
    *About 5.1 million people watched We Day

    We Enjoyed:
    *Having Louise come to entertain us
    *Having breakout sessions so you get to about wat other kids are doing
    *Also with the breakout seesion are leaders wanted us to be comfortable with everyone in our group

    This would not have happened without Ms.Rambaran so THANK-YOU MS.RAMBARAN
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Me To We In-Service was really fun and It really helped me develop my leadership around many people. I met many Inspirational speakers like Craig, who has inspired many people to help change the world. Just before lunch, we got split up into groups and learned many new initiatives while also sharing our own. Here are a few initiatives that I think we could really implement over the school year:

    - One Night Out: We sleep in our gym for one night and leave all our comforts to see the perspective of homeless people

    - Bare Foot Walk: This Is where we can take a walk in either bare foot or wear our Funkiest socks. The purpose is that many other people have to walk on bare foot so we can fell how it's like.

    - Valentine Notes: We send notes to anyone you want for 25c and we give you a cookie/lollipop and there will also be a raffle for a prize.

    These are a few new initiatives that i found interesting and we could try it out.

    Overall, this was an awesome experience and it really changed me as a person and I realized that this world really needs to change NOW even when others ask many countries "If you could get anything you want to change this world, what would you want" they said "nothing" and that really inspired me. I know that I AM confident in this group and together we can make a change. I like to thank Ms. Rambaran to give me this chance to go to this In-Service, it really helped. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the in service I learned alot about the different kinds of leaders and that if we only have 1 type of leader our group would never be able to co-operate. The Be The Change leadership group needs to learn about planning an event and to do that we need to be informed of the issues, making sure that you are meeting the deadlines, being organized and focused, and making sure that posters and PSA’s get out right away.
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job guys! hope you all had a fun time!!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds amazing thak you for showiing people how great mcmurrich is!!!!!
    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats sounds very inspiring. I hope you guys had a great time and thanks for repersenting our school :)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how kyra said that we all have to co-operate. That's true. i think that kyra brought out a strong need for this group. we can't all agree on the same thing so we have to compromise. Like kyra said i think we should always be pepared for something new. Great job guys! Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how Kyra said that we all have to co-operate. That's true. I think that Kyra brought out a strong need for this group. We can't all agree on the same thing so we have to compromise. Like Kyra said I think we should always be prepared for something new. Great job guys! Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job guys!Thanks for representing Mcmurrich and it sounds like you had a great time! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kyra's right we can't have one type of leader in our group, but we don't and that's what helps our group! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm really impressed about how everybody has been doing so far! Its sounds like so much fun of going to the In-Service. You really made me jealous when I was reading the comments. Right now I'm so tempted to come back...

    Anyway its totally true that there can't be one type of a leader. It just depends on how you feel about their leadership and respect their leadership skills. Everybody does have their differences. I'm really sad that I can't help you guys that much, but I'm doing my best to help.

    -GiGi :O)

    ReplyDelete