Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Haiti Script
Thank you to Adeline, Leo, Sonia and Alice for committing to stay afterschool and finishing the research for the Haiti Presentation and finishing their script. Please see the post to review your script.

13 comments:

  1. Alice: As the Be the Change Student Committee at Mcmurrich, we are focused on promoting local and global awareness.

    Alice: Last Tuesday an earthquake stuck on Haiti and devastated the people living there.

    Sonia: It is the worst earthquake in the last 200 years.

    Sonia: Hundreds of thousands are feared to be dead.

    Alice: Another three million are affected as schools, homes and hospitals have collapsed.

    Sonia: Its our responsibility as global citizens and Canadians to help, the people of Haiti

    Leo: Here is a message from Craig who visited Haiti right after the earthquake

    Show video

    Adeline: Free the Children is committed to helping the people of Haiti and the TDSB is supported their efforts. Free the Children will be helping to provide immediate emergency relief, shipments of medical supplies and providing support through education (Tsunami 2004, 6 years ago and they are still recovering from this natural disaster)

    Leo: The Haiti earthquake Relief effects and the 10 x 10 campaign are connected. Half of your 10 dollar donation will be supporting the Haiti Relief Effects and the other half will be supporting the alternative income program in Sri Lanka.

    Leo: Also one your 10 commitments could be to support the Haiti Relief effects so now you only have 9 more to make

    Adeline: Does 10 dollars seem like a lot of money? Here is how we can all commit to donating $ 10 to the 10 x 10 campaign.

    Leo: Who goes to Rookies after school?

    Adeline: Well if you commit to saving 2 dollars for each Rookies visit after 5 days you would have saved 10 dollars

    Leo: Its a small commitment for 5 days which can make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like a really informed script.What I like about your script is that you talked about Rookie which is where alot of kids go so it's good that related to that.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with christine, thank you adeline, leo, sonia and alice, you guys did a great job, I know that we can help Haiti. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the script its amazing!!
    marc

    ReplyDelete
  5. very amazing scrpit! You've put hard work in it and it is amazing!! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the script !

    Robi-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great script guys! Are you saying it today at the meeting?
    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah thanks guys alos thank-you Ms.R for helping Alice and I on writing it and Ms. T.

    -Sonia:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks we did great!

    -Sonia:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was worth staying after school though. It ended up really well I think we motavated alot of people. I hope the kindergarten goes well.
    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adeline I agree with you afterschool was a more focused work period. Also I am so proud of you all..... I know that you motivated and inspired everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

    Alice :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so sad that all this happened to haiti
    Jenny :) :)

    ReplyDelete