Thursday, March 25, 2010

Poetry Night Reflections

Tonight was inspirational!
Thank you to everyone who participated, organized, performed...
All those who were in the spotlight and behind the scenes...
What an absolutely wonderful evening!!!
Congratulations, your hard work has paid off but we're not done yet...
Keep up the "awesomeness"of your commitment and passion!

Please record your reflection about Poetry Night!! You can reflect on any part of the event (organizing, planning, implementation, changes, successes, or thoughts on the event)

20 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I am so proud of all your hard work. You did an amazing job with the planning, organzing and implementation of this big event. You showed teamwork and were willing to put in the extra effort to promote global action. I thank you and your efforts definitely paid off.
    Lv Ms R :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry night was a great experience. It went from performing a poem last year and then here we are, hosting such an event! We have accomplished so much and I never knew it was this hard, we have watched our time limit and got everything finished throughout the month. It was amazing and I would like to thank the people that took over for me when I had to go to badminton after school. Something that went really well was that when it was the night of poetry night, we weren't running around printing pamphlets and everything. Overall, this was a huge benefit for us and I hope the tradition carries on! We're changing the world, one rhyme at time! BE THE CHANGE. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetry Night was outstanding. I feel that we have accomplished so much in our time limit and we had each others back. For example, when someone was in badminton some students would take there place in order to get everything done. I believe that the night overall was a great success but the only thing was that are preformers were talking and talking throughout other preformances which I thought was a bit disrespectfull. Overall AMAZING JOB BE THE CHANGE COMMITEE!! Thanks for all the people that helped 8)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think poetry night went really well people looked like they enjoyed it we did a good job of getting every thing done on time the poetry night team put a lot of effort to get every thing done next maybe you should start planning it a little earlier. leoleo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Leo we definitely need to start earlier with the planning process but when you work on such an effective team it is possible to finish any task. Well Done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Poetry night was a huge success and all the performers were amazing! We could have started Poetry night maybe in early January. I thought that it was great that everyone in the BTTC committee all did poems. Also I was fantastic that we got help from the student teachers, open microphone was really good and it gave parents a chance to say some really good poems.Great Job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Sonia! I think that Poetry Night was a huge success and everyone understood and I think that people will want to donate to foundations such as Free the Children! I loved how parents came up and wanted to perform at open mic! Anyways great job everyone! Alice ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Comments everyone!!!

    Sonia:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you Jenny and I think you've said it all. It was amazing and I'm speachless.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everyone on how great poetry night was. It was an amazing event and everyone enjoyed it. It's a great way to inform people. Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking about what Anna's mom said. Next year the be change group could do one in the fall then one in spring although it would be a lot of work.
    Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that Poetry Night was a great experience. It tought us to be prepared and take on the role as being a leader. It was a great way for the Mcmurrich students to learn how to express theirselves in different way. Overall I think Poetry Night was a huge success!!!!
    anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree that Poetry Night was a huge success! The BTC learned alot about taking on a huge event to support people in need. All of the students and parents got alot out of the performances because of the messages that were being said. I think Poetry Night should continue for many years to come because it raises awarness and is a whole lot of fun!
    Kyra :O)
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah that’s a great idea and all of the members of be the change could help and not just one group. And it would really work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My experience of poetry night was amazing! I thought it went really well and even though some people were nervous, they managed to pull it off! Taking aside the stress of it all, it went really well and we got basically got everything we needed to get done done.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Personaly I think Poetry Night was a huge sucsess!! We worked really hard and had a great outcome. The only thing we might want to make sure is right are the tickets. A lot of kids did not have tickets and we had to fix it at the end of the day. Overall it was an amazing experience, we should all give ourselves a pat on the back.
    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adeline great suggestion....how do you suggest we fix this problem. Any solution.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. I might have a solution we could give out our tickets way earlier maybe one or two weeks before Poetry night and everyday we could make announcements everyday and really get them exited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Adeline with the tickets. I think what went wrong is that we were doing it in class time and people were mixing it up. We should give them out bafore Poetry Night not on the day.
    Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that we should give the tickets out one week before because then the family members are prepared and have the tickets ready instead of their child giving it to them the day of the event 30 mins before they're leaving for Poetry NIght. Alice :D

    ReplyDelete