Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Me to We Conference: October 5th

Eleven of the eighteen Grade 6 students in the Be The Change Student Committee were invited to attend the annual Me to We Conference. This year the conference was located at a larger venue as students become increasingly more aware of global issues and want to be active members in society to make a difference. We would like to give a special thanks to Ms. Rambaran for providing us with the opportunity to be a part of a student movement to make a difference in our school, local and global community. Free the Children by Craig Kielburger and The World Needs Your Kid by C. Keilburger, M. Keilburger & S. Page. Please bring these resources along with your portfolio to all student committee meetings. As members of the committee, students are requested to reflect on their experience at the conference or their thoughts regarding the viewing of the televised event on CTV.

22 comments:

  1. I watched the conference on CTV and I really enjoyed listening to how everyone said their opinion to why they wanted to be in this. It was very inspirational when all the people came up and just talked about many things happening in all other countries, which made me confident to stay in this group and together we CAN make a difference in the world, we are the generation.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to We day was amazing!!! We learnt so much from all the speakers. To me the most inspiring speakers were "pinball" clemets and craig and mark kielburger. They all put out such an amazing message. There might have been famous people there but they were not there to preform they were there because they belived. Take jessi (mtv) she went over to a developing country to see it first hand. What she saw was suprising because even though they did not have much they were happy. This showed me you dont need much to be happy and thats why free the children is NOT about raising money. Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to ME to we day my favorite part of the day was when the speakers gave us ideas about how to help the world and the people in other parts of the world.To me, me to we means making a a diference in our community by helping out.
    leo n

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to Me to We inspired me to be the change because of all the inspirational speeches. I believe that everyone should be treated equally. I am confident that our Me to We group can make a change in our community.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I went to me to we day my favorite part of it was when the speakers tld us new ideas of what to do to help out. to me, me to we means helping out the community and doing good deeds

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Me To We Day conference was very very inspiring from the speeches to the videos to the images.For exmple, they usaly say "We have the power, We are the leaders". Also I like how they make you aware of the issues such as racisim, violence, bullying, homelessness and the aboriginals. Lastly, I enjoyed listening to alot of celebrity's that have seen some or more of the important issues in the world, and knowing that they could be doing something else right now and they decided to come to ME TO WE DAY to tell us that they believe we can make the change was really inspirational. Me TO WE DAY rocked and it made me feel like WE ARE THE GENERATION THAT WILL MAKE THE CHANGE!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. To me, me to we is more than raising money, it is about learning how kids (and adults) have to cope with doing things all by themselves and never having enough. That is why I wanted to join me to we, so I can learn how I can help.
    Izy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We day was amazing and inspirational. For me, it really showed how much our generation care and are willing to make a differance in the development of the education and lives of children who do not have the kind of privileges that children in our communities have today. I loved all the speeches and performances and came out of it ready to take action.Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. At we day I learned that you always have to strive for something that is way out of your league. If you do believe in it you will achieve it. It all starts with one person and it has a great ripple affect. I started to think we spend so much money on electronics, jewerlly, brand name clothes and we still want more stuff. Our lives are never perfect, but there are families in Africa who have no fortune and would never want to change anything. We take so much for granted. Children like us don’t get a chance to stick up for them self’s and we are the people who they need. We are this generation. I thought it’s called we day because one person could never change the world but as we, there is no doubt about it. Pinball was my favourite speaker he made us clap together to see how loud we could get as we. Pinball never lost my attention. I know believe that this school year btc will make a great difference. Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to the Me to We conference, and I learned a lot about the people in our society, other societies and myself. Pinball Clemon's speech really interested me because he took his passion, and his dreams to Be the Change in the world. His words motivated me to use the same drive I have for sports into helping the community, and the global society.
    -Giorgia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the me to we conference. One of the people who inspired me was Craig Kielburger, i thought that his speeches were inspirational because he spoke from his heart and gave feeling. Over all the conference was very motivational and moving.

    -Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to We Day and had tons of fun. It really opened my eyes about how people with so little are still happy and that anyone can change the world. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to We Day and it was tons of fun. It really opened my eyes about how people who have so little can still be happy and that everyone can make a difference if they try. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I watched the conference on T.V. and thought that the Me To We day message was that everyone can make a difference and it only starts with one person YOU. I watched the conference on T.V. and thought that the Me To We day message was that everyone can make a difference and it only starts with one person YOU. The enthusiasm from the crowd just made me more excited to start this year.
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to the Me to We conference and I thought it was very exciting!My favourite speakers were Pinball and Craig Kielburger because they were motivational and knew what they were talking about.Also I don't remember the name of her but she was from much music channel I think.When she went to a masai family she asked someone "If there was one thing you could change about your life what would it be?"and she said"Nothing".Me to We Day was so much fun and I hope to go next year! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me to we has really changed me as a person because i didnt know that so many countries cant afford health care.When i whent to the conferance was when the speakers told us... we are change!

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really agree with Kyra's message that making a difference begins with you. We day was all about making a difference.Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree completely with Izy that it's more than raising money it's about learning how they cope with so little but making the most out of it and having only themselves.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me too Zoe, I also agree with Kyra's message because we all can make a difference no matter how big or small you are. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  20. I went to the Me to We Conference and it was amazing! My favourite speakers were Craig and Mark Kielburger. I hope that everybody commits to make a change and complete it. What I also learned is, all the speakers and the musicians like Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brother, all wanted to make CHANGE in the world by doing their part. Even though I can't be there at McMurrich to go to meetings, I will somehow contact the team give my part to make a change in McMurrich's school community. BE THE CHANGE!

    -GiGi :O)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was not at the Me to We conference but I watched it on TV. I enjoyed watching different people talk about their experiences with other people who aren't as lucky as us.

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I went to the Me to We Conference and it was amazing! The speakers were funny but really knewn what they were talking about. It was fun and it made me think about kids that have to work and we go to school (and have feild trips.) We are lucky and should be thankful. We were the youngest kids there (i think) but we knewn what they were talking about!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete